Ela Township Highway Department will be snow plowing for the Village of Deer Park again. Here are a few things to keep in mind to help maintain safe snow removal and travel throughout Deer Park.
- When snow occurs on trash days, please put your trash cans on your driveway, not in the roadway. The Township Highway Department will not be responsible for damaged trash cans.
- Per Village Ordinance #72.02 (A) It shall be unlawful for any person to park any vehicle on a Snow Emergency Route in the Village within 24 hours of a snowfall of two (2) inches or more of accumulation. (B) It shall be unlawful for any person to park any vehicle in such a manner as to impede snow or ice clearing efforts by the Village of Deer Park or its authorized agents.
- Please make sure your mailbox can withstand heavy snows. If your mailbox or ROW is damaged due to snow removal please follow this link to report a complaint and concern. Staff will work with Ela Township Highway Department to determine causes and resolve issues.
- During heavy snow fall Ela Township will pre-plow and salt for rush hour to aid residents to get to school and work. The drivers will go back out to Village streets once rush hour is over to clean up and finish the plowing and salting.
- Make sure sump pumps do not drain into ROW to cause ice buildup on the streets.