Election Judges are responsible for administering the proper and lawful conduct of all elections by serving in local voting sites. Join our election judge team and be the proud face of democracy in action. It will be a rewarding experience, and your community will thank you.
The Qualifications to be an election judge are as follows:
- Be a registered Lake County Voter;
- Be of good repute and character and not be subject to the registration requirement of the Sex Offender Registration Act
- Fluently speak, read, and write English
- Be able to stand or sit for an extended period of time
- Not be a candidate for any office in the election or an elected committeeperson; and
- Must declare affiliation with a major political party.
Juniors and Seniors in high school with at least a cumulative GPA of a 3.0 are permitted to work as election judges with written permission from a parent or guardian and their school's principal.
More information is available at https://www.ElectionJudge.info or by calling 847.377.2408.